Updated: Jul 27
Make sure to read over the new plans for dealing with Covid-19 at Rothesay Ballet School.
Rothesay Ballet takes the safety and security of our students very seriously. We have been working to change some practices at the studio to reflect the new parameters that are required by the Government of New Brunswick. Please take the time to read about these changes on our new website.
“Some changes have been put in place to protect the safety of our dancers and teachers during this pandemic. Please take a moment to read over the new information.”
· Dancers must ensure that they, or any family members, are not feeling any symptoms of Covid-19 and have not been out of the province in the past 14 days.
· Entrances to each studio will be moved to the side doors (the emergency exit doors)
· The front doors will be locked for the time being.
· Students will enter the studio carrying only what they need for class – parents will not be permitted into the studio building
· A hand sanitizing station will be at the entrance and will be used upon entering and exiting the studio
· All items (coats, shoes, bags) will remain in the studio on hooks or cubbies.
· Class times will be spaced 10-15 minutes apart to avoid overlapping students and allow for a sanitization between classes.
· Markings on the bar will assure that dancers will be in their own space and physically distanced
· Markings will also be on the floor to assure physical distancing for center work.
· A teacher space will be defined at the front of the studio to ensure physical distancing for teacher/student
· Washroom visits will be one at a time with an adult sanitizing the space after each use.
· Only one washroom will be in use for the time being.
· Students will be dismissed through the side doors and parents will wait in the parking lot for dancers – no parents will be admitted into the studio space
· Dancers will not have access to changing room or waiting room during their time in the building – please come in dance clothes and hair ready to go!
· Teachers will sanitize the studios between classes including the wiping of all barres, door handles, etc.
· Dance props will not be used for the time being, dancers could bring their own items for their dances and free-movement exercises.