Covid Policies - September 2020
· Dancers must ensure that they, or any family members, are not feeling any symptoms of Covid-19 and have not been out of the Atlantic Bubble in the past 14 days. Symptoms include: Headache, coughing, fatigue, runny nose, fever above 38 degrees celcius, difficulty breathing, sore throat, new onset of muscle pain, diarrhea, loss of sense of taste, loss of sense of smell, purple marks on children's toes or fingers.
· Entrances to each studio will be moved to the side doors (the emergency exit doors)
Students will need a face mask to wear when they enter and leave the building. When they are in class and safely distanced, they will be able to remove the face mask.
· The front doors will be locked for the time being.
· Students will enter the studio carrying only what they need for class – parents will not be permitted into the studio building. This applies to our Creative A and B classes also - In keeping with the NB Government's operational plan for pre-schools and daycare - Students will be met at the door by a teacher and will be escorted into the building. They will be released at the end of class through the same doors once the parents are there and the teacher can see them.
· A hand sanitizing station will be at the entrance and will be used upon entering and exiting the studio
· All items (coats, shoes, bags) will remain in the studio on hooks or cubbies.
· Class times will be spaced 10-15 minutes apart to avoid overlapping students and allow for a sanitizing between classes.
· Markings on the bar will assure that dancers will be in their own space and physically distanced
· Markings will also be on the floor to assure physical distancing for center work.
· A teacher space will be defined at the front of the studio to ensure physical distancing for teacher/student
· Teachers will be equipped with face masks or face shield during class times
· Washroom visits will be one at a time with an adult sanitizing the space after each use. Teaching assistants will be in the Creative Ballet A and B classes to help our younger students with Washroom visits if needed.
· Students will be dismissed through the side doors and parents will wait in the parking lot for dancers – no parents will be admitted into the studio space. Teachers will ensure that a parent is present before allowing a student to leave the studio.
Please be on time for pick up. This will ensure that teachers will have adequate time to sanitize for the incoming class.
Parents of dancers ages 8 and under are required to wait in the parking lot during the class time slot.
· Dancers will not have access to changing room or waiting room during their time in the building – please come in dance clothes and hair ready to go!
· Teachers will sanitize the studios between classes including the wiping of all barres, door handles, etc.
· Dance props will not be used for the time being, dancers could bring their own items for their dances and free-movement exercises.
props for Creative A and B will be cleaned and sanitized between each class.
Changes during Orange Phase:
- Students will need to wear masks for the duration of the class
- Students will be able to join the classes from home via Zoom - please email your child's teacher to be sent the meeting invitation.